Mount Andrew, Lucan

Lyndy

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Mount Andrew in Lucan? The estate looks nice enough but I can't seem to get any feedback about what kind of area it is. We are looking at a nice 4bed semi there but would like to know more about the area before we put in a bid.

Hi, if Im correct this estate is on the road to the Liffy Vally,If so its not in the parish of St Marys,if you have kids this could be a prob ,in so far as getting them into schools.I have heard that there is a drugs clinic opening quite near there,if that bothers you,maybe worth checking out.Location,location,location.In my humble opinion you would be better off buying a smaller house in st marys parish,ie;willsbrook,hermitage etc..good luck.

That's the estate. It is in St Marys Parish so school places are available. The drug treatment clinic has been on the cards for a few years but hasn't got planning permission yet. A big development beside it ( part of St Lomans) has got planning and will be going ahead.
Nice big houses. Nice estate. I thought about buying there but chickened out because of the Drugs clinic/st lomans development.

Drug clinic and too close to Quarryvale Park should put me off, unless the price was way below €425k.
Asking price of €425k should get you 4- bed semi closer to Lucan village, in more mature estate but still on this side of the N4.

Hi, thanks for the replies. Good to get different opinions. Jonnyhotspur, you mentioned that there is to be a big development beside it - is that to be an extension of St.Lomans or something? Just wondering....

Lyndy, If you travel from the liffey valley roundabout you will see the parcel of land on the right hand side before you get to Mount Andrew ( part of St Lomans where I played footy many times). The developers first had planning permission for semi d houses but managed to change the planning to high density apartments and town houses.
My friend lived in Mount Andrew for the past 6 years and loved it. I looked at the 4 bed semi (425K -probably the one you are looking at) last week. Really liked it but my partner was worried about the planning issues mentioned.

Thanks for that, johnnyhotspur. I know the land that you're talking about and thought that it would certainly be built on very soon. Pity they managed to change the planning. Going to see the house this evening - it is the same one that you saw. Will let you all know what we decide when we factor all the different considerations in.

I used to live there in Mount Andrew - couldn't be handier to get the bus into town from there as it's right beside the N4. I thought it was nice there.

The developers of the new apartments (I think there are about 600) have obtained planning permission last week despite opposition from local residents. I read about it in the Clondallkin Echo. These are due to be very high rise right next to Mount Andrew and there was a lot of opposition from Mount Andrew as their Estate would be very overlooked when the development is complete. Also, there are plans for access routes through certain roads in Mount Andrew, which will increase its volume of traffic.

They also have difficulty exiting the Estate by car in the mornings as they do not have right of way on the roundabout coming out if they are heading into town and there have been complants to local Councillors about the time it takes them to get out of the Estate as traffic is usually backed right up past the Estate and no one will let them out.

Having said that, it is a very quiet area with never any trouble. The drugs clinic has planning permission, it was obtained last Summer, and this will be right facing the front road of Mount Andrew.

Hi, thanks for the replies. Good to have a bit more information. We have put a bid on the house we were looking at in Mount Andrew because the estate itself seems quite respectable and it is very handy for getting access onto the N4. However, I don't think we will be bidding too much above the odds for the house because of the points people have mentioned - would be a bit worried about the resale value of the property. So many things to take into consideration!

<The drugs clinic has planning permission, it was obtained last Summer, and this will be right facing the front road of Mount Andrew.>

The drugs clinic is not planned for this location. It is planned for the triangle of land at the roundabout at the Arc pub about 400m down the road from Mount Andrew. This patch of land is beside St. Kevin's community school.

I bought in Mount Andrew 3 years ago and have no regrets whatsoever. As someone mentioned it is about a 5 minute walk to the N4 where you can get the Leixlip, Celbridge, Maynooth and Lucan buses.

As regards exiting the estate - I haven't experienced tailbacks at the estate entrance though there is a build up of traffic on the main road.

The estate is very well kept - grass is cut every week or two during summer.

Hi Kaymin, Thanks for your reply. We have actually just gone sale agreed on the house in Mount Andrew so it's great to get more positive feedback. It's always hard to know if you're buying in the right area or not but it looks like a very respectable estate and it is very convenient to the N4 (it will cut 10mins off hubby's journey to work so that was a plus!) I thought that I had heard the drug clinic was planned for beside St. kevin's school but I wasn't sure. It's useful to know what is planned for the area anyway. Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

Back