motor insurance...can i get quoted

amtc

I had an accident in Jan this year. I was totally liable for the crash. My renewal date was june and I did get a quote from Aa for renewal with AXA. However my car had been written off in the crash so no point in renewing as I had no car plus broke my wrist so couldn't drive. The person I crashed into has a personal injuries claim open. I now can drive and need to as my job is only accessible over m50. I rang Aa and AXA today and they won't cover me. What do I do?

Try a few others, get the refusals in writing and follow the advice here.

Keep the renewal notice as well if this mentions an amount. It's likely you will end up paying a lot more than that, but it may help in the process with the Declined Cases Committee.

They MUST, as your last Insurer, they MUST quote. Ask to speak to supervisor or look at your policy and see who deals with complaints in AXA

I'm not getting anywhere fast!

I was quoted with AXA through the AA; and got a renewal quotation in June for the car I don't have (answer it it was only a machine sending it)...they won't quote

So I phoned AXA - they won't quote - letter of decline on way
I also organised for letters of decline from 123.ie and Aviva

So that makes it 3 letters of decline.

Where do I go from here? Am currently renting a car...which is costing me a bomb.

I could possibly get insured as a named driver on my mam's car?

Any advice gratefully received. I am perfectly willing to accept accident was my fault, but I am so frustrated at trying to sort out.

Back