Mortgages in Poland

H

Harry01

Hi, I am Planning to buy a property in Krakow or Warsaw in Poland and would like to take out the highest loan to value mortgage that I can find. Does anyone have an idea of the best lender to go for this. Any English speaking contacts would be much appreciated!

Where are you planning to take out the mortgage and why - e.g. Ireland or Poland?

AIB have a very large prescence in Poland. It woud be worth talking with them, but I'm not sure if they'll help out. Let me know if you try...

As mentioned, BZ WBK are receptive to Irish customers, especially AIB customers where you may have a credit record.They will typically give 75% -80% mortgage, secured on the polish property, either in Zloty or euro. BZ WBK S.A. 35 O/WarszawaUl. Marszałkowska 14200-061 Warszawatel.: (00 48) 22 586 82 52Does anyone have any thoughts about taking out a mortgage in either Zloty or Euro? (in other words, anyone have any ideas on the way the zloty is going to go Vs the euro in the run up to joining the Eurozone? The new government recently stated that joining the Eurozone was not a priority for them)
Harry01 said:
Hi, I am Planning to buy a property in Krakow or Warsaw in Poland and would like to take out the highest loan to value mortgage that I can find. Does anyone have an idea of the best lender to go for this. Any English speaking contacts would be much appreciated!

One thing to consider when buying a property in Poland is why are so many people leaving poland... In a country where population is declining there will be less demand for housing. I don't know a lot about Poland and of course there are other factors to consider but I'd worry a bit.

Back