Mortgage Interest being claimed in someone else's name?

F

Funky Phantom

Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance if posted to wrong area but seems relevant

A friend of mine is trying to get on the affordable housing list of Fingal CC, as part of the process she needed details from Revenue on non claiming of Mortgage Relief however to her surprise Revenue say she's claiming TRS on a property in Sundance Road....Dublin (can't locate on map???), problem is shes not!

Fingal CC have stopped the application and Revenue refuse to deal with the issue as all the information is provided by the financial, whom they won't disclose!

She's arranging a sworn affidavid that she has never owned/ borrow on any property period!

Has anyone ever had to deal with the type of problem?

Any suggestions/ assistance would be gratefully rec'd especially how to deal with both organisations.

regards

FP

ps Admin, feel free to move/ copy to other relevant area

Sundrive Road maybe?

Anyway, that's hardly relevant.

She needs to sort this out with Revenue as soon as possible-I am presuming someone with the same name owns the property in question, or it could be a mix up in PPS numbers.

I'm not sure how to 'prove' to Revenue that she doesn't own the property-proving that she has lived elsewhere shouldn't be too hard, but that's not the same thing.

I don't know if approaching the owner/occupant of the property in question is a good idea-maybe they are actively trying to defraud your friend/Revenue.

Legal advice may be necessary-it sounds like a highly unusual situation.

Back