Monopolising referrals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never received one, but the figures I’ve seen suggest €50 on average, through there has been mention of numbers as low as €10 and high as €200
I think 200 is for revolut but that is the max they will give and the chances you will get it are tiny. Not that it matters that much anyway because every one already has revolut.

Referrals are a tricky area to decipher a moderation policy on.

On one hand, everyone wins. The referer and the person being referred. It puts money in AAM users pockets.

On the other hand, referrals can pollute discussions, feel like advertising and potentially might compromise the independent advise that this site offers.

Boards.ie segregate referrals into a seperate forum. Reditt somewhat does something similar. Here we obviously started putting referrals into a dedicated thread only to stop it interfering with other discussions.

Regarding certain people currently getting all the referrals - not good but difficult to control.

Regarding giving the money to charity or Brendan or certain users - nice suggestions but again difficult to control. And it might create a perception that it interferes with independent advise.

I don't know. I don't have a clear view on this. I think either referrals or allowed or not. Going beyond this and regulating who gets referrals is a lot of work and challenging.

I think either referrals or allowed or not. Going beyond this and regulating who gets referrals is a lot of work and challenging.

Hi Lightning

That seems clear enough to me.

They seem to benefit both referrer and referee - so we allow them but limit them to one thread.

But regulating it beyond that is not something the moderators should be spending time on.

We do not want to compromise the independence of Askaboutmoney in any way by benefiting from it ourselves.

Brendan

I too have gotten unsolicited DM's from one individual on here claiming he would get me a higher referral than anybody else. I politely declined his sharp advances as 3 others hand already sent me codes before him. Not happy to leave things at that he then offered me a referral for another provider completely unsolicited.

Hi Harvard

Please hit the Report Button on any active touting like this. It should not be happening.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back