Mildew in bathroom

N

niceone

I am having a constant problem with mildew on the walls in the bathroom. More specifically on the perimter wall up against the ceiling. House 2 years old, leave window open when having a shower so there's no build up of steam, all other walls ok. Anyone any ideas ?

Hi niceone,

I'm having a similiar problem in the bathroom of a house I'm renting. it's more on the ceiling than on the wall.

I know in my case it's both a ventilation and heating problem. The radiator is blocked (should be fixed tomorrow!) and this is causing the condensation on the cold ceiling causing the mildew.

I bought a wash to kill the mildew. You leave it on the mildew for 48 hours. I have an anti-mildew additive to go into paint. You have to paint within 48 hours of the wash. I bought both of these in Vincent Byrnes of palmerstown but I'm sure any hardware would sell them.

Thanks DonKing, there seems to be alot of condensation on that particular wall alright. I might think about installing a more powerful extractor above the shower. Thanks for the hint on the anti-mildew product.

Back