Maximum Pension 60k

mmclo

Can't see another thread on this but happy to have it merged it was reported in the Times yesteday that Government may introduce a maximum pension amount as an alternative to reducing relief

Any views?, think it was 60k, presume this would involve higehr tax for those above that

Can't see another thread on this but happy to have it merged it was reported in the Times yesteday that Government may introduce a maximum pension amount as an alternative to reducing relief

Any views?, think it was 60k, presume this would involve higehr tax for those above that

I have no problem with this as long as its applied to all levels of public service/politicians/Taoisigh...if you need an income of more than 60k in retirement you've done something seriously wrong.

I think the jist of the article was senior civil servants were opposing it :)

I think the jist of the article was senior civil servants were opposing it :)

I wouldn't have expected any less from them,the days of 4 legs good 2 legs better are over.

Ministers pensions are also tied to these self same senior civil servants,this should never have been allowed.

I remember watching Mary Hanifin talking about raising the pension age from 65 to 68 as we could no longer afford to be paying it to retirees that early...she never missed a beat,no mention of applying this to her own fat cat pension,she is now retired I take it on full Ministerial pension at the ripe old age of 51.

Watching her I was reminded of Squealer the pig when he fell off the ladder in the dead of night with his bucket of paint while putting a bit of spin on the the 7 commandments in Orwells Animal Farm.

If this is brought in and I think its a good idea then it will apply to everyone on the farm even the squealers and the Napoleons,whats good for the goose etc...

Back