Management company in Berlin

Phil_space

Can anyone recommend a good management company in Berlin? I have a small apartment which I am renting in Prenzlauer Berg.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

Given the amount of interest in German Bonds on AAM at the moment I am a little surprised no-one has responded.

Perhaps if your post was clarified a little it might help, so I'll ask this -

Why would you need advice on a management company from AAM, an Irish website, if you are renting and living in an apartment in Berlin?

Phil,

Given the amount of interest in German Bonds on AAM at the moment I am a little surprised no-one has responded.
Sarky?

Perhaps if your post was clarified a little it might help, so I'll ask this -

Why would you need advice on a management company from AAM, an Irish website, if you are renting and living in an apartment in Berlin?

I think you're assuming too much there Onq, the OP says he has an apartment in Berlin, he didn't say he lives there, and by the sounds of it he wants to let it (most lay people will use the terms rent and let interchangeably).

As for WHY (and you'll note, you're asking why and I'm telling you why, not the consequences of what will happen if he does it!), I'd imagine it's because this is the Overseas Property Investment Forum, and he's hoping someone will be able to give him a good recommendation from personal experience of having invested in Overseas Property in Berlin...

Spot On Mandelbrot.

To clarify... I live in Ireland and own an investment property (apartment) in Berlin. I have been letting it for 5 years now but the agreement with the existing management company, who let the property on my behalf, is coming to an end and their renewal terms are quite severe. I was wondering if any other AAMers could recommend a management company, whom they themselves had used, whom I could contact in relation to taking over the letting management.

In addition, is there any simple way I can get the current rental (per sq. metre) figure for Prenzlauer Berg? I know the figure is set locally but is there any straightforward way I can find out what this is and keep track of it annually.

Thanks,

Phil

> In addition, is there any simple way I can get the current rental (per sq. metre) figure for Prenzlauer Berg?

Google and a bit of German language skills. Official mietspeigel is published every two years and covers qualified rentals. There is also the commercial rate for non qualified rentals.

Two sites with their own "commercial" version of current tariffs
[broken link removed]

http://www.immowelt.de/immobilien/immomarktmiete.aspx?geoid=10811003000320&etype=1&esr=2

short version of regulated tariffs.
[broken link removed]

long version
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/downloads%2F4234372%2F1%2FMietspiegel

Hi Phil, did you have any luck with your request? Re the mgmt company? I could do with some info re same myself!

property management berlin

Hi, I have an apartment in Berlin, which is managed by a company called Axium. If you contact Oleg at Germanproperty4you, he will put you in touch with them. I have dealt with Oleg for a few years now, and have had no problems whatsoever. Good luck.

Back