Made Redundant after 20 years / next job lasted 2 weeks

taipan75

Dear All,

I'm in a real bind at the moment and not sure which way to go forward.
I lost my job after 20 years (official redundancy termination date June 30th)
I had 3 weeks holidays to use up and so finished work early in June.
A week after I was made redundant, I was lucky enough to get a temporary role with a new employer. Turns out the role is completely different to what they advertised. I only lasted 2 weeks as I cannot do the job due to the travel commitment of the role. They misrepresented the role and it will be my decision that I cannot do it.

My P45 with my original employer will be up to June 30th (termination date) and I will receive shortly... I received my first weeks pay from the new employer and paid emergency tax as I have not received my original P45 yet.....

I need to seek Job Seekers benefit.. (First time ever) and I am not feeling great about it (daunting / embarrassed / confused on process etc...) I don't know how to explain the 2nd job..
Question - Should I submit the P45 from original employer? What happens to the €500 I paid on emergency tax?

Really appreciate any advise

Thank you.

Don't be embarrassed to claim JSB - you paid 20 years of PRSI, so you have contributed a lot to the social insurance fund.

You deserve your JSB, the whole point of JSB is to prevent your income falling to zero.

Back