Lycamobile €15 per month pre pay plan

Mebs

Is anybody here on the Lycamobile €15 per month plan?

Does it include ALL mobile calls in Ireland? The website says "all national calls" which might be just landline calls.

The deal also includes 15 GB of data per month and unlimited texts.

It sounds almost too good to be true..........

If any of you are on this deal, how is it working out for you?

M.

Their customer service is abysmal. I was looking to switch to try to save money and thankfully I tried the 15/month pre-pay first on a spare phone. Nothing works. They say you'll get emails with codes and PINs, you won't. They say you'll get your SIM in 5 to 7 working days, you won't. You'll get 15GB of "local data" which means you can't tether other devices to your phone, your "Personal Hotspot" option won't appear. "All national calls" is all mobiles and landlines in Ireland but excludes the premium rate lines, 1890, 1850, etc.

Thanks folks. All of the above info very informative and appreciated.

I use a few Tesco mobile SIMs for alarm diallers and mobile broadband. I find them brilliant. I dont use them for my regular phone as its paid for by the company, but I think I would be using their €15 per month prepay option if I had to....

http://www.tescomobile.ie/prepay-plans.aspx
I agree. I'm a long-term customer and based on experiences with other providers and my trial with Lycamobile, I won't be switching.

Their customer service is abysmal. I was looking to switch to try to save money and thankfully I tried the 15/month pre-pay first on a spare phone. Nothing works. They say you'll get emails with codes and PINs, you won't. They say you'll get your SIM in 5 to 7 working days, you won't. You'll get 15GB of "local data" which means you can't tether other devices to your phone, your "Personal Hotspot" option won't appear. "All national calls" is all mobiles and landlines in Ireland but excludes the premium rate lines, 1890, 1850, etc.

They use the O2 network so cant see how that's true in general and it certainly isn't for me. Their data and fixed line rates are unbeatable imo and their 3G data is better where I am than Vodafone's 4G. Customer service is poor alright but definitely not unique amongst the mobile operators.

Back