Looking for suggestions

D

Dubby

I'm moving to Dublin shortly to work in the D4 area. I'm looking for a 3 bed apt on the Dart line ideally, but would settle for one on the Red Luas line.

I have a budget of up to €600,000. Any ideas as to what the best areas to aim for is?

Aim for chill city and rent . Do not buy 'shortly' is my opinion.

Why would you settle for the [broken link removed]when you would most likely live nearer to the Green one?

I'll need to get Dart to the Landsdowne/Sandymount area every day. Only way to do that is to either be on the Dart line, or the Red Line to Connolly? Could be wrong, it's been a while since I lived in Dub.

Hi,

See where you are coming from now. Did Richmond Hall fall thru?

It would be a bit of a trek and costly enuf to get the Luas and Dart twice a day and both are fairly packed at peak times.

Would the €600,000 not get you something nearer to work, in the D4 area or is it not enuf to cover a 3 bed?

This previous thread might give some advice although it seems to be geared away from your place of employment. With traffic congestion the way it is in Dublin these days walking or cycling to work is a much better option. You should run the search option especially in this forum and see if you can find any other interesting threads.

Bennetts Auctioneers in Sandymount are a good bet if you don't know the area. I have no connection to them but Mr. Bennett always strikes me as a decent type who doesn't lose interest as soon as he realises you can't afford anything in his area! He also knows the whole area like the back of his hand. It might be worth giving them a ring to see if they have anything suitable. They also have a website www.bennettsauctioneers.com.

I don't think 600k will get you anything (3 bed) in Sandymount, but Ringsend might be a good option. It's not too far from Landsdowne but it's a while since I looked at prices there. To rent a 3 bed in Dublin 4, you're probably looking at over 2k a month at least.

Why don't you look up stops on the dart line, north and south and then go into MyHome to see what's for sale in those areas. It's a pity your friend thought you were mislead about Richmond Hall. Richmond Road is narrow and does have a lot of businesses on it but it's a great location, and, in general, a great area.

Back