Logistics of paying stamp duty clawback

Baloney

has anyone actually paid Stamp Duty clawback and can give me some help with what documents are needed please

First time I rang up stamp duty office, they said just send in a cheque with details. which I did but got a letter back saying I had to fill in form and send them a copies of contract of sale and the deed.

Anywho, eventually have tracked down contract of sale, which building society have and my solicitor can get that from them. However I am not sure about this "deed" thing. the building society say that the Land registry will have the transfer deed. Rang back stamping office to try and get more details, they said they don't actually need a copy of the deed, they just need to know it's "document id". so i rang up the land registry, and of course they don't know what is meant by "document id". they said I could pay 25 euros and get a copy of the "instrument" whatever that is, which will include the deed. but I don't want to pay that if I can find out this "document id" that the stamping office are talking about from somewhere else.

Has anyone got any experience of this and can point me in right direction?
Thanks.

Baloney said:
has anyone actually paid Stamp Duty clawback and can give me some help with what documents are needed please

Rang back stamping office to try and get more details, they said they don't actually need a copy of the deed, they just need to know it's "document id". so i rang up the land registry, and of course they don't know what is meant by "document id".

Presume they mean the number assigned to your purchase in the Land Registry.

Back