lockdown rules re_ auction sales

It seems only auctioneers have replied so far ;).

You raise valid points. It appears people are naively buying sight unseen, which is absolute madness and there are going to be serious consequences for many people when they get possession. You've only got to look at online auction results to see the number of sales.

I saw an online group discussion about a forthcoming auction property with a shared access. A new contributor, who seemed to have been tipped off about the discussion, told the OP there was no access included in the sale as he owned it and would be blocking it off.

The property formerly belonged to him, had been repossessed and he was determined to get it back.

In theory there should be no property sales happening but they are with people either chancing visits or just buying blind.

i know of an apartment that was sold in Limerick city last week at an online auction , made 136 k and several bidders as i checked over the bidding history on the site , the management company is dissolved and that information is actually in the legal pack , perhaps not the end of the world but the apartment isnt even cheap even no issues existed , never mind no management company currently in place

people loose the run of themselves at auctions , spoke to a guy i know where im originally from today , he sold my mothers house last september ( she bought a house in local village as shes a widow ) and i know him many years , we were talking about this and that and he was saying how hot the market is , got on to the topic of online auctions as he himself conducted the sale of a farm online late last year , he told me its absolutely against the rules to advertise a converted attic as an extra bedroom unless planning was sought and granted prior to said conversion , same fella does not think there is much can be done about it currently though

Last edited by a moderator:
people loose the run of themselves at auctions , separate issue to sharp practice on the part of the auction house
My point is if people weren't buying, which in theory it'd be logical for them not to be when they can't officially view any properties, there wouldn't be any auctions and even if there were, the misdescriptions would be physically spotted in advance of the auction.

My point is if people weren't buying, which in theory it'd be logical for them not to be when they can't officially view any properties, there wouldn't be any auctions and even if there were, the misdescriptions would be physically spotted in advance of the auction.

can you see why in a climate where physical viewings are not taking place , issues like this might be more likely to arise ?

Back