Lights on Ford Focus

Ned_ie

Hi

I have a new Ford Focus and have noticed that the lights are very shaky - i.e. when driving the beam is very shaky. While I understand that there will be an element of a shake this is taking the biscuit!

Anyone else have the same problem?

are your lights flickering or goin up or down? is you car the new model 05 /06 if they are flikering the is is a problem with the passenger headlamp earth connection which is mounted just below the lamp this is a common problem and ford are aware of it as they have a technical service bullentin to remedy this fault.
jonathan

It's an 06. It looks like they are going up and down but now that you mention the flickering I might have a look again. Should I just bring it back to Ford?

Park front of the car to a wall and see if the problem is eveident on tick over.

Is there any kit to stick on to the plastic lights cover of cars like the Focus to convert the headlight beam for driving on the continent?
On older cars all that had to be done was to cover a particular part of the glass lens with black tape. This shielded the beam from the extreme left hand side and so did not point into the faces of cars coming against you as you drove on the right hand side.

You can actually buy a kit that sticks on. I lived in Jersey and went to France quite a bit so I used them quite a bit. They were about 14 sterling but not sure what they are here.

Take it back to get checked out. I have an 06 focus with no shake of the lights. However the rear license plate fell off:)

Hmm - actually haven't checked to see if mine is there! I rarely ever go to the back of the car!

depending on the year of your focus ,the newer 05/06 have a small switch device inside the headlamp for switching for continental driving.the earlier models are a bit more awarkward as the dont put the lines on the headlamp to position the beam converters

I have a new Focus (2 weeks old) and I've not driven it at night yet!

It's an ST version and it's quite frankly incredible. 2.5 litres, turbocharged, 5 cylinder petrol motor with 225bhp.

Just to let you know I brought the car tothe local garage and they completely replaced my front lights - and put my old ones on a new focus from which they took the new ones!!!!

So it looks like someone else might have the problem now!

I;d say we only know that half of what goes on,
My uncle bought a new Ford Fiesta about 10 years ago, when he went to collect it from the dealer and was giving it the once over - he noticed that one of the wings looked dodgy - turned out the valeting guy had damaged the wing and the garage has tried to patch it up (all without informing my uncle) - he got a few quid off it I think

I know when I picked up this one I gave it the complete once ovr as Iknow of people who have had problems inthe past i.e.

no jack;
no spare tyre!;
lights not working;
no oil!

and other such issues!

Back