leaving job, BUPA ?

L

llo

I'm leaving my current job - long story, the comapany has just paid my BUPA for the year, does this mean I'm covered for the year even though I've left ?

It would be unusual. I would expect that the company might ask BUPA for a refund of overpayment once you leave. You should check with BUPA and/or your employer to ensure that you are covered if necessary.

leave Job

from my experience, when a member of staff leaves, we usually inform bupa etc right away. Bupa usually look for details etc of the member and leaving date so that they can contact him/her directly to establish if they wish to continue. After all from Bupa's point of view they are losing a client.

But to be on the safe side I would find out who is the group advisor for your company and give them a ring.

Also, you would have been getting a discount as a group but this discount is also available to you if you are a member of a credit union. So make sure you get 10% discount if you are in a CU.

Cheers.

Re: leave Job

Part of a settlement deal with some employees in our company was that they VHI cover would continue till the end of the term it was paid for by the company. Have you tried negotiating a deal here as I'm sure refunds lose 'administartion fees' along the way so it may be regarded as a perk/gesture from the company to leave things as is till the end of the year. Worth a go anyway. You could just try contacting BUPA yourself to see if its been cancelled.

Back