Laya Laya renewal for 2 adults

Bolter

Hi
just renewed laya for 2 adults-
Plan is control 600 connect x 2 at cost of 1767 plus 53 for cost of paying over 12 months.
Is this the best plan? Hubby has a dodgy hip so I want to get him a good plan.
It was renewed automatically from last year so am just now reviewing it.
I dont have health insurance for the kids. They are 3 between 8 and 14. At what age should I start getting them health insurance?
They are all in good health.

Hi leanbh,

A good alternative plan is 'Simply Connect' @ price 1100pa. All public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered as before, but with a max excess of 150 x 2 for all private or hi-tech admissions per year. Day case procedures 50 excess. Day to day cover included, 50% refund for gp, dental,
physio, consultant visits etc subject to a max of 500 per year (50% of 1000 = 500).
[broken link removed]

Note; there is no excess or shortfall to pay for a hip replacement operation in any private or hi-tech hospital. So, the 600 excess does not apply
to this type of surgery on your current plan, Control 600 Connect.

Regarding the children, there is no ideal age to start health insurance for children. You have been lucky to avoid surgery which is the main reason
for taking out health insurance - ie to avoid long waiting lists. Laya healthcare often have childrens special offers whereby you pay for one child
and the rest of the children go free. It would be worth waiting until this type of offer comes around again to avail of savings.
Otherwise, VHI have half price offers for children at the moment, for example, One + Plan @ price 144 per child, covering all public, private and
3 hi-tech hospitals.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back