Lanzorote or Tenerife???

evanne

Hi Folks,
Going to book a week in the sun today for October. Having never done the whole 'package' deal before, I really don't know which destination is better than the other-they all look the same in the brochure!! Tenerife is looking slightly cheaper, so I'm leaning towards that.
We want to go somewhere thats lively enough (but not full of knacka's!!) with plenty to do (other than the sitting on the beach).
Thanks a mill
Evanne.

Hi, Im in Lanzorte at moment, a few days left.

Its definitly for families rather than mad yng things.

Prices are excellent ( family of 5, 3 kids meald, 3 hugh ices, 3 cokes, 2 starters, 2 big mains 2 bottles of wine, brandy and an irish coffee, 60-80 euro , beer 2-3 euro ( 3 euro in the irish pubs we really like been ripped off)

Taxies 4 km in to P de Carmen 6 euro and loads of them

the 6 or so " attractions" adults pay in children are free.

so I vote for Lanzorte if u have family

now back to the pool

I would concur with Kerak, Lanzarote is great for families and couples but not really the place to go if you're looking for hectic nightlife/ bar scene etc. Weather is pretty much guaranteed.

I went to Tenerife as a chap, the resort we went to was very youth orientated and quite rough I thought. I wouldn't go there now......

evanne said:
Hi Folks,
Going to book a week in the sun today for October. Having never done the whole 'package' deal before, I really don't know which destination is better than the other-they all look the same in the brochure!! Tenerife is looking slightly cheaper, so I'm leaning towards that.
We want to go somewhere thats lively enough (but not full of knacka's!!) with plenty to do (other than the sitting on the beach).
Thanks a mill
Evanne.

If going to tenerife try the ocean beach apartments, good family spot and away from all the louts, otherwise Lanzarote would be a better bet.

I favour Lanzarote too, plenty to visit and do and good enough at night without being rowdy and too drunk. Plenty of couples, families, everything except the usual large amount of lager louts.

have never been to Lanzarote but have been to Tenerife, if you are going avoid staying in Playa de los Americas, its where all the main pubs / clubs are but its an absolute dump, really rough and filthy dirty. Ive heard Los Cristianos is nice tho and a friend of mine is going there on Friday so will see what she has to say about it (shes a package holiday expert at this stage!!)

I've been to both, and I can tell you that Lanzarote is by far the nicer island. Plenty to do - beach, bars, restaurants, trip to the volcano, hiking, local markets at Teguise, day trips to Fuerteventura, shopping centres etc.. Make sure you stay in Puerto del Carmen, as it's central to pretty much everything.

Tenerife is really tacky and having been there twice, full of lager louts!

tml said:
have never been to Lanzarote but have been to Tenerife, if you are going avoid staying in Playa de los Americas, its where all the main pubs / clubs are but its an absolute dump, really rough and filthy dirty. Ive heard Los Cristianos is nice tho and a friend of mine is going there on Friday so will see what she has to say about it (shes a package holiday expert at this stage!!)

The ocean beach apartments are i las americas but are nowhere near veronicas strip which is the awful end of it. Los cristianos is ok but a bit too quiet.

Lanzorote for a nice relaxing break

Tenerife for a week on the beer with British yobs & racing the Germans for a sunbed.

Thanks for all your repsonses! I booked Tenerife yesterday (2nd week in October) & we're staying in the Coral Beach apartments- I'm really starting to wish I'd checked the responses before I booked!!!! :(
But its done now, so can anyone give me any advice on where we are staying?

This [broken link removed] might help with the info you need.

Suellen also posted a whole bunch of links related to travelling, I think its a sticky thread

There in the 'check these posts before opening new threads' sticky above. Here's the link to holiday reviews sites.

evanne said:
Thanks for all your repsonses! I booked Tenerife yesterday (2nd week in October) & we're staying in the Coral Beach apartments- I'm really starting to wish I'd checked the responses before I booked!!!! :(
But its done now, so can anyone give me any advice on where we are staying?

here is another website

You say you have booked tenerife already, but that doesnt mean you are stuck with it. if you booked a package through one of the bigger groups, they usually allow you to change your booking as long as it is within the same brochure. We booked fuerteventura about 2 yrs ago, checked out the review websites and were in the horrors at the apartments we booked. so we got onto the tour operator, and were able to change to crete, no problem. There may have been a charge(isnt there always?) but i think it was minimum. it can be done tho'. dont be stuck with a holiday you arent happy with before you even go.
for the record, my vote would be lanzarote also, puerto del carmen is lovely, we stayed in the plaza azul apartments, very nice.
Hope this helps.

stayed in puerto del carmen too. travelled all over. very easy place to drive. would go back but to playa blanca as it was a lovely little resort. didnt like costa tiguese as much.

Back