Home Landlord insurance for apartment, to cover block excess

barry2012

Hi,

I searched but could not find a recent similar question. We have an apartment which we want to rent for the first time. We will be getting the usual landlord insurance to cover contents and liability etc.

The block insurance which the management company has arranged, has a 2500 excess for every claim for water damage. They recommended getting a "block policy excess" on the landlord insurance to cover this 2500 in the event of a claim.

I have been ringing around a few insurance companies but can't find one to offer the usual landlord insurance for an apartment block, along with this "block policy excess.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company who would offer such cover?

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Only one company doing it to my knowledge - covercentre. But I think they deal exclusively through brokers.

Only one company doing it to my knowledge - covercentre. But I think they deal exclusively through brokers.

Yes, we deal with Cover centre (as do a lot of brokers I presume). They provide cover for the block excess under their landlord policy (its underwritten by Zurich). It also covers landlord fixtures and fittings (excluded under a lot of rental apartment policies) and accidental damage done by the tenants.

Thanks for that,

I contacted a broker and they arranged cover through covercentre. All very easy in the end.

Barry

Back