Key Post: Restaurants in Galway

Pizza Eile

Has anyone tried the new pizza place in Massimo's - Pizza Eile?
It has some pretty different toppings etc. - eg chicken tikka pizza, all day breakfast pizza...
just wondered if anyone could recommend it? Or not?

Scotty's in Middle street is closed alright, right shock to the system for me and the boys...they used to do a mean burger special in there, would set you up for the day!

pizza eile

Hi to you all - can anyone guide me to a Spanish restaurant/cafe in Galway or even a Tapas Bar? thanks.

re

I dont think there is any tapas bar in Galway. Nearest thing I know to Spanish is 'La Salsa' takeaway on Mary Street, but not sure if that is Mexican or Spanish to tell you the truth...

Some other posts

coininban
eating out for family in Galway city?

Off to Galway City shortly with the family. Wondering about any recommendations for reasonable nice places to eat. Usually we go to the Galleon in Salthill but the queue is often out the door. Any place else that won't bankrupt us please?

bluebean
Frequent poster

Try Kelehans pub out in Bushypark - out the Clifden road, about 2/3 miles from Eyre Square. Decent meals, good size, good value in my opinion. Worth the trip out of town.
Failing that, try Barr an Chaladh (can't spell) in Woodquay which isn't bad either.

Bernard
Salthill

There's a small family run Italian in Salthill that is fantastic - but I can't remember the name. Anyone?

Decent prices, great menu and authentic Italian fare.

The pasta bakes are only magic.

Bernard

shnaek
Frequent poster
Re: Salthill

It's called Da Robertas

Dunners
Eating out in Galway

also try McSwiggans in city centre, Maxwell McNamara's, or any of the bistro-type places on Quay St. Fat Freddy's is great for pizza and McDonaghs or Conlon's for fish n' chips.

coininban
eating out for family in Galway city?

ah brilliant - many thanks folks - good to know we won't go hungry!!!

foxy
Restaurant

Definitely go to Mc Swiggans the food is excellent, although make sure and book a table as its always busy

bluebean
Frequent poster
re: McSwiggans

McSwiggans great for food during the week, but apparently to be avoided on a Sunday....

The best meal I had in Ireland was in Oscars...
The place is out of the way but is big time a hidden gem. The food is is unlike any I have seen. The samble is around 2 foot tall which is what I had and the wife had lamb which was fantastic.

I have now been to Lemongrass and Thai Garden a couple of times and I would have to agree that the food in Thai Garden is far superior.

Marion

Some other posts

AmandaC
Unregistered User
Restaurants in Galway City

I've got the January blues like everybody else, so myself and himself are going to take ourselves off to Galway for the weekend to cheer ourselves up.

Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant?

Thanks

AmandaC

decembersally
Unregistered User
Nemos!

Check this place out! It's in Galway city centre, make sure to ring and book in advance cos it gets v. busy! You won't be disappointed!

shnaek
Re: Nemos!

If you like Italian check out Da Robertas in Salthill. You will more than likely need to book as it is always packed. The food is good value, and excellent.

Puffy
Unregistered User
Oscars

Try Oscars, its just off Dominic St - near Roisin Dubhs - it is gorgeous!!!!

bluebean

I'd agree with Da Robarta's in Salthill - def book ahead though! The number is 091 585 808.
Other than there, Oscars is good or if you want to go outside of town then try the White Gables in Moycullen.

(I have no association with any of the above businesses)

Hope you have a great time!

Westbound
Unregistered User
Lemongrass

I thought Lemongrass was very nice. Sort of Thai kind of place. It's beside The Spanish Arch and they have a website, which I can't remember the name of. Was v popular 6 months ago, so you need to book.

Janeom
Unregistered User
Thai Garden

Thai Garden behind Lemongrass is also good. I think its more authentic than Lemon grass. You probably need to book ahead to ....non smoking section is quite small also.

I see some shredded wheat packages have a voucher offering a main course for €2 in Lemongrass. so if you like shredded wheat buy 2 boxes before you go and you save yourself a few quid on dinner.

Janeom

AL murettos on forster court around the corner from morgans bar, i cannot say how much i love going there!

Back