Key Post: Razor blades - shaving.

Have switched over to Aldi blades quite a while back now and am happy enough with them

I am not living near an ALDI but I am very tempted to make a trip and stock up.

How much are the blades?

How many are in the packs?

The price was already given...

I Tried the Aldi blades this morning and i can report that they seem fine so far. €2.99 for 3 blades + handle. topup blades are 1.99 for 4 or 5. Bye bye mach 3 for the time being

Hi,

Just bought 40 mach 3 blades for €41 (which incudes p&p) on ebay. i'll report back on receipt, but that's marginally over €1 per blade for a top quality shave!

Are you sure they're genuine Gillette blades maddad?? If they are, could you share the name of the seller?

I would be interested to hear if those e-bay blades are genuine, i have bought some from various sellers on e-bay and fake the whole lot of them

Hi,

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Blades arrived yesterday and are fakes. Very professional in appearance but definitely fake. (See fakeblades.com for reference). However, have already posted back to seller who has given clear undertaking for full refund. Nothing lost, nothing gained!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how often do people change the cutting heads on their philishaves?, and is there a good online source for buying them?.
tks

HAS ANYONE USED THIS SITE [broken link removed]
I work out its €45 for 32 blades which would not be to bad as long as its genuine.

HAS ANYONE USED THIS SITE [broken link removed]
I work out its €45 for 32 blades which would not be to bad as long as its genuine.
See this thread for feedback on onlygilette.com.

I got the Aldi blades (branded 'Exact' iirc) recently, and found them to be terrible. I had several cuts each time I shaved.

Any alternative solutions out there?

I'm using them Complainer and find them fine - but I did find that a good presoaking of the blade in hot water prior to use, helps a lot.

Also, I always use a preshave cleanser thing and 'good' (i.e. established brand) gel which probably helps too.

Like a lot of things in my life, I find that skimping on one aspect is fine as long as you compensate by utilising 'quality' elements of the procedure/plan etc. elsewhere ;)

Hi Complainer I spent years cutting my face to ribbons, then I found a magic solution.
If you give your face a good rub before shaving, wet or dry, that will get you a smoother shave.
My favorite way to shave is to use some of my wifes soaps from Lush on my face first, give it a good rub into my face then shave.
I haven't cut my face in years.
But in the interest of comparison I'll go out and but some Lidl blades just to check them out.

Try cheapotc.com they also do the fabulous crest white strips and Rogaine ;) at really good prices and ship to Ireland which I found the most frustrating thing with a lot of other websites - fill out all your details to find out that they don't ship outside the US!

Re Gilette Mach 3 Turbo which i got as a present it took me some time to extract the blade from the plastic holder. Then i saw on the packaging a reference to Aloe + Vit.E. What on earth does this mean?

Re Gilette Mach 3 Turbo which i got as a present it took me some time to extract the blade from the plastic holder. Then i saw on the packaging a reference to Aloe + Vit.E. What on earth does this mean?

AFAIK Aloe and Vit.E. are merely to moisturise the skin. See [broken link removed].

Please they can say to me if the blades of onlygillette.com are original or are fakes, thank you

I'm using them Complainer and find them fine - but I did find that a good presoaking of the blade in hot water prior to use, helps a lot.
I'm amazed at how much of a difference this presoaking has made. I'm back to using the Aldi blades successfully now thanks to Caveat.

I received eight Fusion Power Blades from [broken link removed] and while they look 100% genuine - they don't have serial numbers on them which I think means they're fake. See www.fakeblades.com Although a poster on boards.ie says he bought a packet in Dunnes Stores and they also had no serial numbers. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55263494

I am going to send a sample to P&G and await their verdict, and will post back.

I'm amazed at how much of a difference this presoaking has made. I'm back to using the Aldi blades successfully now thanks to Caveat.

Glad it worked out.

Ms Caveat will find it hilarious that I have provided successful tips on male grooming. Seriously.

Back