KBC to reduce SVR to 4.25%

Yes, i wonder will it apply to existing customers who have mortgages based on LTV rates?
Does anyone have a copy of their press release?

2 days after I start my move process they do this. Always the way for me :)
Doesn't make much difference for me though. No mention of LTV and still a fair bit higher than where I'm moving to.

Now also confirmed on Ask KBC thread on boards.ie, reduction is for customers on their SVR only.

At least its some break for people trapped on this rate with no option to switch.

Anyone on any of the multitude of LTV rates that they have offered over the past will at least have the option to switch, assuming their circumstances allow.

Last edited:
Well I will continue with my move the Ulster Bank then :)

Its a bit mad really ulster bank will offer me €1500 to move to them (with no clawback) and KBC will give me €2000 to move back to them and reduce my rate by .54%. Ill be up €500+ after legal fees+valuation + save >€1000 per year in interest. If they would just treat there existing customers fairly it would save us all a bit of time and money.

FINALLY KBC sit up and listen... 0.25% reduction in SVR is a start for existing customers stuck on 4.5% SVR. Where do we go from here Brendan to increase pressure & force another reduction in SVR in line with other banks eg. AIB's three reductions if 0.25% ?

Here is the Press Release - it is only for those customers on Standard Variable Rates. And only on PDHs.

It does not apply to anyone on an LTV rate. So they have not reduced their rates for new customers.

Brendan

KBC Bank Ireland – Variable Rate Change Notification effective 1 December 2015

KBC Bank Ireland has today announced that it will reduce its standard variable rate for all PDH mortgage customers. The standard variable rate will automatically reduce by 25bps with customers having the option to reduce their rate by a further 20 bps if they open a current account with KBC.

This new rate will be applied to all existing customers, irrespective of loan to value or repayment status.

Customers will receive communication of their new mortgage repayments in the coming weeks and the rate reduction will take effect from 1 December 2015.

The following table outlines the new rate of 4.25%, which when combined with the current account discount of 0.20% results in a customer rate of 4.05%.

upload_2015-10-5_11-56-10.png

Ends

Notes:

1. All customers can avail of the Current Account discount by opening a current account with KBC, mandating their salary and setting up a direct debit to pay their mortgage from a KBC Current Account.

2. Customers can also choose from a range of fixed rates over terms of 2, 3 and 5 years

3. An existing mortgage customer on a variable rate of 4.05% (which includes the Current account discount) can save €7,908 over the term of 17 years on a €166,413 mortgage. This is based on the average KBC mortgage.

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-5_9-59-43.png
    upload_2015-10-5_9-59-43.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Back