Jobseekers Allowance Transitional change in circumstances

MsJackson

I am going on to Job seekers allowance transitional payment on 2nd July 2015. Received a letter from Social Welfare confirming means deduction from my Payment. The value is correct at present.

However my means is going to change as of 31st July 2015. My eldest daughter turns 18 in October. It is unclear if she will go on to further education. Awaiting leaving results. Father is UK resident & citizen, we were never married and he paid half yearly maintenance by bank transfer from start ie Oct 1997. Last payment received in Feb 2015 which was 26 weeks up to 31st July 2015. Under UK law he says he is no longer obliged to pay maintenance. I googled same and it appears so. He further stated that the amount paid to date was generous (true) and his obligations are now over. His circumstances have changed so this is probably why he is stopping payment too. I tried to make contact with him recently but his number is no longer in service. He is not on facebook and I have not been back over there since I came back to Ireland from UK Summer of 1997. So I am shut out from communicating with him.

I need to know when do I inform Social welfare of impending change in my circumstances. Now in advance or after 31st July 2015.

I don't know anyone with my set of circumstances, none of my family or friends are on SW. Thank you.

Back