jb entitlement & leave of absence

S

sc12

My employer is looking for redundancies or a leave of absence for 12months while preseving your employment rights. Just wondering if I take the leave of absence am I entitled to sign on for JB allowance straight away? It says on welfare.ie that if you chose to leave your job you have to wait 9weeks before claiming JB. But I'm not really leaving of my own choice, I think its better than redundancy. Obviously it would be great if I got another job straight away but that doesnt look likely. Also what happens if the business worsens and they have no job to give me after 12months??
Thanks!

My employer is looking for redundancies or a leave of absence for 12months while preseving your employment rights. Just wondering if I take the leave of absence am I entitled to sign on for JB allowance straight away? It says on welfare.ie that if you chose to leave your job you have to wait 9weeks before claiming JB. But I'm not really leaving of my own choice, I think its better than redundancy. Obviously it would be great if I got another job straight away but that doesnt look likely. Also what happens if the business worsens and they have no job to give me after 12months??
Thanks!

The actual reasoning tis that you should not be voluntarily leaving a paid posiiton in order to avail of SW payment. You can be disqualified for UP TO 9 weeks if you leabe 'without good cause'. It's your choice but if it were me, I'd be hanging on to my job for as long as I could!

Back