Is Our Retirement Plan Feasible?

An acquaintance of mine recently discovered that his scheme paid less than he expected as he was widowed. His wife wasn’t in the same scheme of course, he was aware that it paid a reduced widowed person rate but hadn’t realised it applied to him. The former employee. Thought it was only relevant if he died and his wife was looking to collect.

Just something worth checking.

What would be the income if either one of you died.

Thanks Annie. Yourself and Dr. Strangelove have definitely given me food for thought. If I died first, my wife would have a pension of €30k. If she died first I would have a pension of c. €42k - so that is definitely something to be addressed.

Have you factored in the reduction in your pension from cost neutral early retirement (ie before 65) where relevant? Might be worth considering staying on a it longer if it is

Have you factored in the reduction in your pension from cost neutral early retirement (ie before 65) where relevant? Might be worth considering staying on a it longer if it is
Thanks - yes we have but this only applies to my wife who is a post-2004 new entrant with a normal retirement age of 65.

Back