is 1% too much for conveyancing ?

edenjohnny

Hi, have just gone sale agreed on my house. On the same day, my offer to buy another property was accepted. I then rang my solicitor to set the ball roliing. I asked her what would the fees likely to be,. She said ball park figure of 1%. and a bit less for doing the buying and selling. That works out at between 9 and 11000 That seems too much to me, as I have seen ads from solicitors quoting 850 . am I being naive ?

Yep, sounds like far too much for me. Last time I negotiated with a solicitor they knocked 1,000 euro off pretty quickly so there's plenty of room for negotiation.

Seems way to expensive to me. I would be expecting to pay about half of that. Send a few e-mails (without your telephone number) to some other solicitors and see what they come back. You don't necessarily want to go with bargain basement because you want good service and not a shoddy job. Give them a call after you receive their e-mail and try to rank them against the things that are important such as who'll be doing the work, what back-up is available, experience etc.

Hi, thanks for that. The principal in the solicitors firm is an old friend of mine,and never usually sends me any bills. He says ah, some other time,. This time I didnt approach him at all , but got a friend of My ex wifeThe female Solicitoress, who is married to a coleague and friend of same ex wife. She was probably being proffessional and not using any favours, She has a duty to her Boss ( my friend) Very incestious ,

Back