IRA bombing victims allowed to sue Gerry Adams - English High Court

WizardDr

Irish Legal News:

[Just wonder is there vicarious liability for Sinn Fein? ]

Does no harm to keep reminding the current generation of the evil of the past. I heard 2 IRA bombs go of in London, would never want that to happen again.

Does no harm to keep reminding the current generation of the evil of the past. I heard 2 IRA bombs go of in London, would never want that to happen again.
And to remind them of the people in the present who did evil in the past. I'm uncomfortable with people running my country who murdered children, or ordered the murder of children, or think the people who murdered children are heroes and did nothing wrong.

I know that's old fashioned and all that but I'm funny that way.

The IRA (supported by Sinn Fein) claimed they were at war with the British State as justification for their activities in Northern Ireland. But yet they:
- murdered a Garda during a robbery in Adare
- murdered a Garda and Irish Army soldier during a kidnapping in the Republic
- murdered an Irish Prison Officer
- murdered a young man in Co. Louth
- carried out numerous criminal activities in the Republic from kidnapping to Bank robberies
And all the time Sinn Fein were supportive of their armed wing despite never being at war with the Irish State ( eg greeting the Adare killers on their release from Prison)
Hopefully their actions and history will not be forgotten when we go to the polls later this year.

Not to mention that it was only luck that every time they planted a bomb in London or anywhere over there, that they didn't blow up an Irish person, I was 2 streets away when a litter bin bomb went off around 1992, going to a play in the West end and I can still feel the noise in my head as I type this, and that was a small one.

Windows of my house shook when Canary Wharf went off and every Irish person in London knew that evening that we were all staying indoors that weekend.

My desk was blown to pieces in the Bishopsgate bomb and I had to go to work the following Monday to a recovery site and not one word of complaint was ever made to me by any of my colleagues. Indeed the only 2 times I got verbally abused in London, it was Londoners who stepped in and defended me and told the other person what to do with themselves. (and indeed on one occassion, flattened the abuser with a fine left to the ribs).

So thanks Gerry, may you rot in whatever hell you will end up in

Back