Investment strategy for 500k leftover cash after forever home purchase

Summary of Assets and Liabilities
Family home worth €1.5m with a €450k mortgage
Cash of €500k
Defined Contribution pension fund: Executive pensions €200k each (3 yrs old)
1.5 + .5 + .2 +.2 -.45 = 1.95

I must have included the pensions only once.

But the accuracy does not matter. You can afford to invest €200k in a project which might not work out well.

Brendan

1.5 + .5 + .2 +.2 -.45 = 1.95

I must have included the pensions only once.

But the accuracy does not matter. You can afford to invest €200k in a project which might not work out well.

Brendan
OK thank you, wasn't sure if you were including the cash in business also.

We are very conscious that the pensions are way too light for our age, but the plan is to stuff those with any excess business cash from hereon now that we no longer need to keep obsessing over holding onto every last penny for 'the big house purchase'.

Think it's such a huge psychological relief not to have to do that anymore that we're inclined to want to go a bit too nuts now!
But lots to consider from all responses, thanks all.

well done on being in such a comfortable position. Curious how your mortgage is 21 years, I thought they would not allow people go beyond 65?

Net value of ppr € 1.050m
Cash € 500k
2 x pension fund € 400
Shares € 15k
= € 1.965m

well done on being in such a comfortable position. Curious how your mortgage is 21 years, I thought they would not allow people go beyond 65?
I think it's 70 now. Applied last year but only drew down this year and lender didn't amend the term accordingly.

OP, have you examined holding some bitcoin? Lots of interesting threads here re putting a small percentage of your wealth there. Maybe worth a punt in your position.

Back