Insurer offering to match or close gap on competing quote?

Chewbacca

Got a renewal quote with Allianz for €439 was €388 last year with a new customer discount apparently. I was able to get new quote with An Post for €368.

The Allianz quote includes breakdown cover, though I dont know how this cover compares with AA etc and neither did agent I called.

I would rather stay with Allianz and called asking what could they do for me and was advised nothing. I was surprised thought they might try and close the gap.

Should I just go with an Post, I'm not sure what getting AA/other road cover would cost and I've never had to make use of breakdown cover.

Is emailing sales at Allianz an option or is it a case of the quote is what it is?

Is emailing sales at Allianz an option or is it a case of the quote is what it is?
Generally speaking if the person on the phone tells you "there is nothing they can do" that's best they will do for you
You then have two choices, get an online quote as a new customer as Flybytheseat suggests and if cheaper sign up as a new customer
I had to do that myself with Aviva one of the years or just take your business to a different insurer who's offering a cheaper policy

Back