Insurance for Company Car in Car Pool

Dubliner12345

Hi Folks,

I am planning to buy a company car - "car-pool" and I am very confused as to how to insure the car? Would the car come under commercial vehicle?

As I see the only difference would be that the car will be on company's registered name.

I tried to look for an insurance quote online but could not any option like "car registered on Company Name"?

Not sure where to go for insurance quote, any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean you are buying a company car? If the car is a "company car" it will belong to the company who will be responsible for insuring it. If you buy the car it will be registered in your name and will be insured as such!
If you are currently driving a "company car" and have been offered an opportunity to buy the vehicle then it will be a private vehicle following the purchase and you will be responsible to insure it as such.

Thanks Brendan.

I am one of the directors of the company and we are planning to buy a car which would be used by all of us;
The car would be bought on company name and will be owned by the company but shared/driven by 4 directors;

I tried to get a quote online but could not see any option to buy a company car insurance. Not sure how to go about it?

Thanks again!

Contact a broker. Whatever insurer has the rest of your business might be able to give you a quote.

No huge mystery here. The company buys the car /cars and insures them through a broker listing all drivers individually by name or with "open drive" for all officers / employees of the company. The car may be treated as a "pool-car" for BIK purposes, but you will need to keep a log or diary where all drivers sign it in and out, date and time, mileage in and out, purpose of trip.

Back