Incorrect Amount on Judgement - 2007

Sean

Hi there

I'm trying to get on top of some historic debt, and have just done a credit agency search on myself.

I had a current account balance of -1900, with an overdraft balance of 5000, back in 2007, total outstanding 6,900

The bank applied to the circuit court with a Civil Bill, looking for judgement of 6900, plus costs of around 250.00, total of around 7200,

On the judgement search, it turns out that the bank got a judgement for 29,000, not 7,200.

Initially I though the bank had made a mistake in the figure on the civil bill, but I drove to the court house yesterday to get a copy if it, and the amount is correct, 7200. I asked the lady in the office and she said that according to her records there, yes, they got a judgement for 29,000.

How could the judge award a judgement for the creditor over four times the original debt, or where does the mistake lie?

I don't really want to have to go to a solicitor to get advice on this, I'm just wondering how I go about getting it corrected.

Any advice from people in the know would be appreciated,

Sean

Why not ask the court how the judgment has increased to the new figure.

Were you aware that the Debt collectors was going to take you to court to get debt increased?

Did you get any correspondences from the court or the debt collector about the increase to the judgment?

Did the judgement say that you would have to pay interest on the debt?

Also did you keep payments up on the judgement?

Lots of question that needs to be answer before anyone can give you advice.

Back