IIB, still no cheque issue, can I go into them?

Headachecity

Hi all,

We were supposed to close on the sale of our house on Friday, then our broker came back to us at 5.30pm on Thrusday evening saying that IIB wanted an updated utility bill for my husband, which was a shock as they have everything since February now so it was not over 6 months. In the same week we also found out they still had no letter of indemnity for our life and home insurance, they got that on Thursday so our broker is causing us terrible worry & stress yet he blames IIB for being slow?!?

So, here is today, guarenteed our cheque would be issued today only for our solicitor to ring them and they told her the cheque is NOT in the que for issue and that a utililty bill & buildings insurance is still outstanding.

We know all these have been handed over and we are on our closing day now, after today they builder can charge us interest. We have done everything requested and it's just been a terrible experience.

My question is, can I personally contact the bank and pressurize them and let them know how serious this is, broker said he did but I don't beklieve him as he has been so slow through the whole thing he could be covering his tracks again for being late submitting things.

We have to be out of our rented house since Saturday gone so we are in a bad way...any advice on what approach we can take now. Also, we don't have the money if we are charged any interest to tell the truth, everything is tied up in the house etc!.:(

Given the urgency I think you should contact them directly. Just ask for their completions department, quoting your account number.

Although it does defeat the purpose of using a broker who is paid to do this.

I tried to contact IIB directly when I was having problems with my broker. I got through to someone only to be told that because I went through a broker they wouldn't deal with me.
We all understand your frustration at the situation, and the stress, keep on your broker, he should know IIB and should be able to get it done for you, just keep on him!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if your broker requested a utility ID at 5.30 on Thursday evening, the earliest he could have posted it was Friday, meaning that IIB wouldn't have received it until today. They may still have been sorting today's post and logging recevied documents onto their system.

You should ask your broker to call IIB again to see if the utility ID is still outstanding, and if so, to ask if all of todays post has been logged yet. If it has and they still haven't recieved your utility ID then you need to ask your broker why not, as they should have ensured that IIB received the utility ID within a day of you giving it to them (although knowing an post...).

Also, you should get your solicitor to contact the builders solicitor and advise them that there is a delay in getting your cheque issued. Closing dates often get delayed by a few days but vendors usually allow for this and they may be more understanding if your solicitor calls theirs instead of them having to hound yours.

Last edited:
The Utillity Bill saga was sorted out on the Thursday as our broker still had a copy of an ESB Bill and hand delivered it in so I just cannot understand the delay.
Latest, is that 2.30pm our solicitor should have a call by then about the cheque. This is just terrible...thanks for the replies.

I rang them and they won't talk to me as I am going through a broker and it's not on. It's our mortgage, our house, our documents, we will be paying the mortgage I need a definate time!!. I've no nails left and feel sick at the moment with worry!!

The Utillity Bill saga was sorted out on the Thursday as our broker still had a copy of an ESB Bill and hand delivered it in so I just cannot understand the delay.
Latest, is that 2.30pm our solicitor should have a call by then about the cheque. This is just terrible...thanks for the replies.

I rang them and they won't talk to me as I am going through a broker and it's not on. It's our mortgage, our house, our documents, we will be paying the mortgage I need a definate time!!. I've no nails left and feel sick at the moment with worry!!

It's all okay, just got call to say solicitor has the cheque so we can close tomorrow now & vendor is fine!!. YIPPIE!!!!!!!!..Thanks for all your help!

Back