Ideas for lunch without a microwave

becky

I need new ideas for my lunch.

Three years ago I lost 3 stone. One of the main factors (imo) was I brought my lunch to work (saved loads of money too). My lunches are last night dinner put in a lunch box so I didn't have to do prepare a separate lunch. My dinners are stews, tomatoe based things with chicken, mince etc. I would use the usual spices, lots of veg, but would be light with the carbs and meat. I'm not the greatest fan of cooking, I cook 3-4 times a week and work from that. I don't buy bread except for an odd flat type one.

This meant I needed a microwave but this facilty is no longer available to me.

So I'm looking for new lunchbox ideas which can be eaten cold but are not too salad like or sandwich like. So I suppose I'm looking for a normal dinner that is nice to eat hot and cold (like pizza but it can't be pizza).

After posting I did a bit more googling and see there are a few sites with ideas but they weren't my cup of tea.

So I'm after ordering 2 food flasks on amazon (one normal looking one and one pretty one). I must arrange to meet people for lunch next week while I wait for them to arrive.

Thanks Cashier.

Roasted veg, feta cheese and couscous. play around with the veg and choose meat instead of cheese if you like.
Hummus, great with flat bread or raw veg.
Falafal, very nice with flat bread. Cook it in the oven, too greasy when it's fried.
Make a lentil, tomato and red pepper curry. I eat leftovers cold next day with naan/pitta and it's really good.
Google crustless quiche. I've made it with lots of veg combos.
Kofta, spicy minced lamb on a wooden skewer, again flat bread or pitta
All sorts of rice/veg/meat or pasta/veg/meat combinations would work great with a little imagination and a good spice rack :)

Back