I think I am tired of being "Green".

This discussion thread really has grown legs, and run off in all sorts of weird, and wonderful, directions :D

For those who care, why not keep it simple, do what you can to make a positive contribution, as it all helps - to some degree.

To give a simple example, I've moved to refilling my soap dispensers at home, rather that buying new plastic bottles every time. I can still buy the exact same liquid soap, in the exact same shop, it's cheaper, and it's a small step in the right direction.

To give a simple example, I've moved to refilling my soap dispensers at home, rather that buying new plastic bottles every time. I can still buy the exact same liquid soap, in the exact same shop, it's cheaper, and it's a small step in the right direction.
Not a bad idea at all but wouldn't buying and using bars of soap be even better?

Not a bad idea at all but wouldn't buying and using bars of soap be even better?
Yes, could be....

Unless there are specific reasons that someone needs to use a liquid soap?

In sure there are plenty of other fairly simple changes that we can all make. For me, they are the ones to go for, at least, in the next 12 months.

That said, I'm in the process of taking that leap into solar power, which is a capital spend, but should see future long term cost savings, in addition to doing something that's relatively simple (post instalation).

Indeed, all of which are gradually being eroded and reduced over time such as solar and EV until they will no longer exist. They are currently of benefit to those who can already afford to get an EV or massively reinsulate their house etc.

The taxes and levies will always remain though...
Genuine question. Which taxes and levies?

Back