I am looking to buy a birthday cake in the shape of the number 1 for my son?

Shaz

I am looking to buy a birthday cake in the same of the number 1 for my son. Superquinn does not do them. Please could you tell me where I could get them.
Thanks.

Re: Birthday cakes

I'm sure any good bakery would do this. You don't say where you are. Thunder's in Drumcondra, Dublin do this kind of thing.

Bake a cake in standard loaf tin and ice it!

product_details_jv.jsp

When my daughter was one (many moons ago), I bought a swiss roll, spread a little jam over it, so icing would stick. Made fondant icing and iced the whole thing. I then stood it up, stuck a matchmaker down the centre and shaped a flame out of marzipan. A tiny amount of red food colouring made the flame look authentic and a few drips of royal icing placed strategically to look like wax. Voila.....a candle!!

You can buy the swiss roll and the now ready made icing in any Tesco or Superquinn. Will literally take you 10 minutes.

Don't forget that a 1 year old won't really care. Ours happily mashed his slice of his cake into his granny's carpet. :D

If you are anyway handy at all you could do the following:

I'm sure at some stage you've made chocolate rice krispie cakes in the small paper cups. Get a large piece of greaseproof paper and draw on a large "1". Melt the chocolate and add the rice krispies. Then pile the mixture onto the greaseproof paper staying within the template. If you want to really jazz it up melt some white chocolate and make a little icing bag from some more greaseproof paper and drizzle this over the finished product. JelliBabies and Smarties etc can be scattered onto the mixture while it is still soft. I'm still making these birthday cakes and my kids are 13 and 11. It gets interesting when it goes into double figures (one dark chocolate and one either white or milk). Best of luck.

Back