HR Course

tweety07

I'm looking to do a HR course on a part time basis (living in Galway) as I want to keep working full time. I have two Diplomas as it stands (Office Information Systems & Marketing).

Just wondering what would be the best (most recognised) course I could do (would be eligible for).

It may be important to note I haven't studied in nearly 10 years. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently completed the CIPD Cert in HRM in the NCI in Dublin, very manageable while working full time. I have sign up to for the diploma modules in September. CIPD is widely recognised and frequently a requirement for HR job applications.
Like you it had been many years since I studied and I found this very good, not too academic, more emphasis on the real world.

In addition to the course fees you will also need to sign up for membership of the CIPD.

A quick google search showed this for Galway, but there may be others, I am based in Dublin so dont know what the options would be for you.
[broken link removed]

I recently completed the CIPD Cert in HRM in the NCI in Dublin, very manageable while working full time. I have sign up to for the diploma modules in September. CIPD is widely recognised and frequently a requirement for HR job applications.
Like you it had been many years since I studied and I found this very good, not too academic, more emphasis on the real world.

In addition to the course fees you will also need to sign up for membership of the CIPD.

A quick google search showed this for Galway, but there may be others, I am based in Dublin so dont know what the options would be for you.
[broken link removed]

Hi G7979, I'm going to be starting the BA in HRM in September. Really looking forward to it. I'm glad to see you found the course enjoyable, gives me hope!

Yep, I will be too, per the tutor, it took 4 months to do the cert (I did the fast track program) I have 2 modules to top up to diploma (2 month) and if I go on I will be able to complete the BA in 15-18 months (using credits already achieved) The cert course was good, only 1 piece of academic writing for assignments, each module has either written assignments or skills assessments to complete, and some are group work. I have been working in HR for some time now and wanted to get my qualifications to allow me to progress, I did my leaving in 97 so a very long time since I did any studying, took me a few years to work up the courage to go back to school but I am very glad I did, I think I have the bug now!

Best of luck with the course, I hope you enjoy it!

Back