How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Warning lights on the dash panel are usually orange and red. If the orange light changes to red, thats the sign of a serious problem and should be looked at with urgency.

I have it in with Dennis O' Mahony and the mechanic just rang me to say that the timing belt has 'jumped' and they need to take off the head to see if any of the valves have been damaged.

He said it could be 2 or 3k of work... new timing belt. Disaster. I don't even know if these guys are telling the truth.

The flippin' light was orange!

Does anyone know where I can get a quote for this kind of work? I have to shop around now - this seems like a very expensive price. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum - if it is, can someone point me to the proper one?

I'm gutted I have to say :(

If your timing belt jumped even one tooth, you would know about, It would splutter and have a drastic reduction in power. If valves were damaged it would also be clattering its own head off. Even if belt jumped, a compression test would confirm if valves were damaged and would take all of half an hour to test. Something does not add up here. You really need a second opinion on this.

Yeah - it did lose power, and was making a noise like a diesel engine... so I wasn't driving it - only to get to the garage. They did a compression test on the engine alright, so I think the diagnosis is fair enough. I will get the price on Monday, so I might run it past some people here if that's ok...

A similar trick also works with the 2006+ Meganes
Start the engine, otherwise I can't see how to get the computer settings up.
Use the computer button on the end of the wiper arm to select the "Service Due" Pane
Keep holding in the computer button, after about 10 seconds
The MPG/MPH averages etc reset
after another 10 secs or so the Spanner Symbol on the Dash Goes Out
after another 5-10 secs the Service due clears and the "Next Service due in xx,xxx miles appears

just wanted to say thanks mondeoman, haven't asked a question because the answer was right there for me. Keep up the good work :D

Would appreciate an unlock code please for BMW 116i (07) for to turn off the service light.

Hi ,
I appriciate if you could let me know the instructions to get rid of service light in my Toyota Corolla 2000 .

rgds
Joel

any ideas on a 2007 vw passat, every time i start it it says service now.

thanks
Reg

Hi mondeoman

I have a ford focus 1.8 tdci (08). When I start it on the dash there is a message aux heater off. When I turn on the heater this changes to Aux heater on. This message is accompanied with a light to indicat a new message. As you know these messages are displayed where the milage is shown so each time I get in I can't see the milage without moving the little joystick thingy.

I took it to the dealership to ask them about it and they said it was very unusual as there is no aux heater in my car. Yet this message appears everytime without fail. Is there anyway that I can turn this message off?

Thanks

Amh

My Astra 2011

Hey Mondeoman Do you know how to disable my Astra 2011 J Warrning in dashboard about the lights (I installed A Xenon Hid Converter Instead of the Halogen) and The lights Keep Flashing on and Off and Don't stop ? and Clue ?

2010 Renault Fluence service indicator warning light

I have just got my 2010 Renault Fluence 1st service done by my local mechanic (not by Renault Dealership). He couldn't get rid of "service due" and spanner warning light. Does anyone know how to do this without going to Renault?

Here Goes,

1,Switch Ignition 'ON'

2,Press & hold trip reset button for 3 seconds approx

3, Service interval will flash.

4,Repeatedly press this button to set the distance remaning to the next service

5,Release button,

6,Wait 5 seconds & switch ignition 'OFF'

Hi,I am looking for similar procedures for Nissan Micra/March K12 2004 model,Please help

I am looking for information on a problem with Mazda323 1999.The airbag light is flashing,from what Iread it's a code 48,which has to do with passenger airbag.I had a friend try to read it with computer today,but said it would have to go to main dealer.The dealer would charge 80 euro to tell me that its a code 48,which wouldnt be too bad if the sensor in the seat wasnt that expensive.I am led to believe it can be very expensive indeed.Any information would be welcome..Thanks.

Back