How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Please help. how do you put out the oil change leight on a toyota corolla verso 2005 d4d

1.Switch ignition 'OFF'

2.press & hold the trip meter button(Left one)

3.switch ignition 'ON'

4.after 5 seconds : Warning lamp will go out & odometer will return to Zero.

5.Release trip button.

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

Hi Mondeoman,
Firstly, thanks a million for all your excellent advice and patience with all posts. I'm hoping that you can help me with this one: I have a Renault Megane Dynamique (2005), both the `SERVICE` (in text) light (not the small spanner) and the airbag logo light are continuously on and I was wondering how to turn them off.

I appreciate that the car is trying to tell me something, which I will get sorted at some stage soon, but I was hoping to remove the lights in the meantime.

I followed your step-by-step instructions on how to reset the Service Interval mileage which worked fine (now showing "Service in 18,000 Miles"), but the `SERVICE`text light and airbag logo are both still lit-up as soon as I start the ignition - and they stay on. I've tried spraying a little WD40 onto the wiring underneath the Driver's seat, but to no avail.

Please help, anyone!!!

Many Thanks!!!
Gixer-Rider :confused:

I have the exact same problem as Gixer-Rider with the service light and airbag light being on. Have brought the car to a garage and was told that the airbag sensor is broken under the drivers seat and that i need a new one. Was also told that this is ok and that there is no rush getting it fixed. Would love to know how to set off the light tho as its driving me mad. Any advice mondeoman? :)

Sorry for replying to my own post but if you could help Mondeoman it wud be great.

Thanks again,
Ericsson :)

Would you have any info for a 03 Mercedes C190 Kompressor? I've about 8 warnings that still come up even after my idiot mechanic has fixed them.

You need to get your own website mondeoman...

Would you have any info for a 03 Mercedes C190 Kompressor? I've about 8 warnings that still come up even after my idiot mechanic has fixed them.

You need to get your own website mondeoman...

Hi DaveyByrne,
Sorry,i can only find info on how to remove your next service warning symbol.;)

How about a 2007 Nissan Micra Service warning symbol?

Thanks in anticipation.

How about a 2007 Nissan Micra Service warning symbol?

Thanks in anticipation.

Here Goes,

1,Switch Ignition 'ON'

2,Press & hold trip reset button for 3 seconds approx

3, Service interval will flash.

4,Repeatedly press this button to set the distance remaning to the next service

5,Release button,

6,Wait 5 seconds & switch ignition 'OFF'

HI me again !!!!!! I was driving along when my mondeo '01 1.8 ( same car that I have had all the problems with !!) just died. lights and dash lights all working all fuses fine and battery.when I turn the key the dash lights come on as normal the speed clock and temp clock look like this "------" I notice the fuel pump does not turn on either. when I turn the key the final click nothing happens but I do notice the digal clocks on the dash and the radio go off and come on again when I release the key It just seems like there is no power going to the engine as everything else is fine. I presume its something electrical. Much appericated if you have any ideas. Thanks mumof3angels:)

More problems with Mercedes c180 Kompressor. A yellow light that looks like an 'engine' has come on... the engine itself is making a funny noise, like a fan-belt, but not as high pitched. I'm woried this might be something terminal like a timing-belt... anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance... this is the only place on the web I've been able to find out about these things.

Ok, thanks... I've booked it in for a service on Friday morning. Thing is I've got to drive about 10 miles to the garage... I've driven it with the light on before, so hopefully it survives. I thought Mercedes would totally stop running if something went horribly wrong anyway. Like, I know a guy who had a water-pump fail, and the car wouldn't budge...

Thanks again for your help anyway.

Can you help with my Fiat Stylo 1.4 6 speed 2005

'Service Due' on the computer, garage didnt reset it.

Ok, thanks... I've booked it in for a service on Friday morning. Thing is I've got to drive about 10 miles to the garage... I've driven it with the light on before, so hopefully it survives.

Warning lights on the dash panel are usually orange and red. If the orange light changes to red, thats the sign of a serious problem and should be looked at with urgency. The orange engine lights can be a mutlitude of things from low power out-put from the battery, wrong air-fuel mixture, slight misfire and so on. A diagnostic resetter usually switches off the light, and thats the end of the problem. There are mobile operators who normally charge approx €60-70 for same, and if it cant be turned off, they can tell you what problem is.

HI me again !!!!!! I was driving along when my mondeo '01 1.8 ( same car that I have had all the problems with !!) just died. lights and dash lights all working all fuses fine and battery.when I turn the key the dash lights come on as normal the speed clock and temp clock look like this "------" I notice the fuel pump does not turn on either. when I turn the key the final click nothing happens but I do notice the digal clocks on the dash and the radio go off and come on again when I release the key It just seems like there is no power going to the engine as everything else is fine. I presume its something electrical. Much appericated if you have any ideas. Thanks mumof3angels:)

Hi again,
sorry i can't help you,but im sure you'll find an answer here [broken link removed]

Back