How to remove old metal fence in ex-Corporation House?

dubgem

There is an original metal fence between the properties of myself and my neighbour. The previous neighbour had put up a wooden shiplap fence on his side of the metal fence, but that blew down in the storms earlier this year.

Myself and the current neighbour want to replace the wooden fence with a new, better one, with concrete posts and a foot-high concrete gravel board base. To do this we want to completely remove the old metal fence.

Has anybody done this and if so, how did you go about it?

Thanks

Any pictures? There are metal fences and there are metal fences. Chain-link, wrought iron?

It's similar to the fence at the front of the house below (I got this picture from Daft), the only difference is that my fence goes straight into the ground, it isn't raised on concrete like this one.

They are the standard fences on all these type houses all over Ireland, but many if not most of them have been replaced by now, I'm just trying to find out how :)

[broken link removed]

I've got a fence like this around the property. Easiest is to cut it using an angle grinder close to the ground - I think the posts are set into concrete (but might be beneath surface by now).
If you have a digger at hand you might just dig the concrete part up when you are doing the new fence.

Hasten to add that albeit many of my neighbours have put up new fences, this original one was usually left in place as the definite boundary line and the new fence just set against it. Not ideal but I guess saves you the hassle of agreeing things with the neighbours, as you can only build things on your side of the boundary.

Back