How to get out of affordable apt quickly?

me shell

Hi,
We bought an aff. apartment from Meath council in 2008. Now we may have to move to England for work. I know the council were looking for people to sell their homes to them in April this year so they could sell/rent them to others. Does anyone know if they would be still willing to do this?
Our mortgage is with Ulster Bank, not the council, so does that mean if we sold or rented it ourselves the council cannot look for cash off us or punish us? I know clawback doesn't really matter any more these days unless the selling price is less than we paid but how could we get rid of this place/mortgage within 2 months. We cannot afford to move and pay bills for a place we don't use.
Any help appreciated.

You can't rent an affordable apt. Seems like you need to sell the place as quickly as possible thats your only option.
Best of luck

You can't rent an affordable apt. Seems like you need to sell the place as quickly as possible thats your only option.
Best of luck

that is not fully correct. you can rent out the apt. but need permission from the city council. as soon as they give their ok you can rent out between 6 months and a year.

check yer mortgage agreement contract.
Unless there is a condition that is included in the actual contract you signed and have a copy of, which there probably is not, as a lot of the older contracts didnt mention anything in relation to their rules that you hear about or that they tell you about.
So unless its specifically written into the contract, you are free to do what you like with the place.

Back