How to find the FTA channels?

Discussion in 'Phones, DVDs, TVs, Audio/Visual' started by delgirl, Jun 23, 2005.

1. delgirl

delgirl Frequent Poster

I know FTA and FTV options have been discussed before and I've searched for and read thru them, but as I'm not technically minded, Im still stuck!

Sky digital service was terminated today - we thought it'd be better for the kids - :mad: faces similar to this at the moment - to enjoy the summer away from the TV! We would, however, like to view the FTA channels and any other available with the Sky dish and digibox we have.

My question is - is there a list of numbers you can use to find these channels? Is it a matter of trawling through hundreds of numbers to find a signal? What are the FTA channels available in Ireland - I can find lists thru Google for the UK, but not for Ireland. Do I have to remove the Sky card or should I leave it in?

Sorry - complete novice - any help and advice greatly appreciated.

2. Jools600

Jools600 Registered User

3. DrMoriarty

DrMoriarty Moderator

This sticky provides a good clear walkthrough.

Congrats on giving Sky the boot; the kids will grumble for a while but they'll be better off for it (no ads on the Beeb, for a start!) :)

4. delgirl

delgirl Frequent Poster

Thanks for the info. Dr. M and Jools600, will try it out this eve and see what we can find.

5. DrMoriarty

DrMoriarty Moderator

So how did you get on, delgirl...?

6. faolteam

faolteam Frequent Poster

are those lidl sattellitee any good?

7. oaky8

oaky8 Registered User

buy an active sky yellow house card on ebay for about 50 euro and you will receive all the freeview channels including bbc 1 and 2 , itv , and channel 4 or 5 . simply insert the card in your digibox and the channels will appear within 10 seconds . its great and no sky bills ..

8. franmac

franmac Frequent Poster

[are those lidl sattellitee any good?]

Bought one in Lidl last January and get all the BBC channels 1,2,3,4, 24 hour news along with a number of other channels.

The backup service is very good also, a couple of months ago we lost our BBC
    channels and when we rang the helpline we were told that Sky had scrabbled them and were advised on what to do to retrieve them.

9. jasconius

jasconius Frequent Poster

I have FTA but cannot get E4
    Is it receivable in Ireland ?

10. gordongekko

gordongekko Guest

E4 is not a FTA channel and is likely to remain so until at least 2008

11. GreatDane

GreatDane Frequent Poster

What happened / what did you do ?

btw - www.digitalspy.co.uk is quite handy for channel listings, frequencies etc

Cheers

G>
    http://www.rpoints.com/newbie