How much wine for wedding?

Harry31

Approx 220 for wedding, how many bottles of wine & also sparkling wine? What about ratio, lastly any good deal suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Black Sheep - unfortunately not! Just trying to get an idea of amounts. The menu is the usual Beef/Salmon/Turkey & my thoughts were roughly 75 white & 50 red plus sparkling wine for when people arrive & the toasts - not sure how many bottles for that - a nice Prosecco?

Don't know where you are planning on getting your wine but some wine merchants will offer return policies on the unused wine. Just make sure the hotel is aware not to open more than is needed. Was at one hotel where this happened and there were about 30 bottles of wine opened that wasn't needed. Made for a good evening though!!

I bought my wine in Karwigs in carrigaline on a sale or return basis. They also delivered and collected the leftovers for free. They also offered a lot of advice about wine.
Please note I have no connection with Karwig Wines, just a satisfied customer.

Also I noticed in the Irish Times last week, they had an offer for a return trip from Rosslare to Cherbourg with Celtic link ferries for €150 for a car and 2 passengers. Good table wine is available in wholesalers near Cherbourg for between €3 and €4 a bottle.

I think a rule of thumb is to allow approx.1 bottle per each 2 people and the ratios are 3 white to 2 red.

You may already have a good idea already if the majority enjoy their wines. Usually however the one glass people will get some help from the others to finish the bottles on the table. Maybe I just go to the wrong (right) weddings where not very many half used bottles are left.

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated & I'll check everything out - CHEERS!

Back