How long to allow between Ryanair flights through Stansted

RichInSpirit

Looking at 2 flights to and from Italy through Stansted for my holidays.
7 hours between flights in Stansted should be loads of time to allow for navigation and disasters ?

Absolutely... from reading your title I was going to suggest 3 hours just to be safe but 7 hours of a stopover is unreal - what are you saving by indirect flights and would you pay yourself that amount to sit around an airport for all that time?

Thanks for replying.
Well i'll be on holidays and money will be scarcer than time :)
I'll have a rucksack in the baggage so i'll have to do a couple of baggage reclaims along the journey.

Seven plenty, I was going to suggest five. The queues will be huge and it's best to give yourself plenty time, bring a good book!

Absolutely... from reading your title I was going to suggest 3 hours just to be safe but 7 hours of a stopover is unreal - what are you saving by indirect flights and would you pay yourself that amount to sit around an airport for all that time?

We've something like a 6 hour stop over in Liverpool on the way to Barcelona for our holidays. Saving €800 by going that way instead of direct.

Mind you, we're pretty tight on the way back, so have booked the first flight out in the morning too, just in case. Only a tenner at the moment.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I had 2 hours between flights in Stansted on Tuesday, got through passport control very quickly, no baggage so got out and through security again within 40 minutes. This was late afternoon (4.30pm) but was surprised at how quick and easy it was.

I know the OP has sorted his travel, but to reply to the original question, you do need at least 4 hours.
We flew into Stansted on Monday with Ryanair. The flight was over an hour late leaving, my tiny (honest) case was taken off me and put in the hold, and when we arrived, it was 45 minutes before the belt number for luggage collection was given, several more minutes before luggage began to circulate. So that was two hours delay.
We were not continuing with another flight, but if we were we would still have to go back through security etc.

Back