How long does it take to get TRS back?

Kelb28

begining og january i sent forms off to claim back my TRS as i had not claimed any of it for over 2 years. does the process take long?

Any backdated relief may be granted at source rather than as a lump sum refund by cheque or whatever. Contact Revenue and ask them what the status of you claim is. Contact your lender in case they already heard back from Revenue and are granting additional relief at source to cover the backdated amounts.

Any backdated relief may be granted at source rather than as a lump sum refund by cheque or whatever. Contact Revenue and ask them what the status of you claim is. Contact your lender in case they already heard back from Revenue and are granting additional relief at source to cover the backdated amounts.

tried contacking the revenue but haven't got the time to be sitting 20mins waiting on them to answer :mad: Lender has not heard from them either. suppose my only option is to ring and wait! :(

There are other options. Register for [broken link removed] and send them a message through that. Or email your local tax office. Or write to them.

thanks for that i must try that PAYE online service. i just looked at the FAQ on TRS and it can take up to 8weeks so no panic just yet so!

I hadnt claimed my TRS for 2years and waited approx 9/10 weeks for this to clear from the tax office side. No problems there as I knew there was a wait time.

Once it was cleared, the bank I have the mortgage with then started to feed the TRS payments through a bit at a time. I was expecting a lump sum. After two months of this I rang and queried the bank who avoided the question of the lump sum payment and started to give me information on my next installment and the amount. I rang TRS and they confirmed that the bank is not entitled to pay the sum back in small amounts and I was to ask for the whole lump sum payment.

Duly armed with this info, I talked to the bank and the whole amount was paid within the week. Happy days..
One to watch out for perhaps.

Who was the lender out of curiosity and if you are willing to say? Seems dodgy that they tried this one on.

Clubman

Lender was the BOI and I have to say that the TRS crowd were the most helpful bunch of staff.

will def try ringing them so... as far as i was aware up to the end of the tax year (31/12/06) we must get back a lump sum and from 1st jan 07 will be deducted from payments.

It also took us about 10 weeks or maybe a little more to get ours back we hadn't claimed for 3yrs. Year 3 was paid to our lender and directly off the mortage and relief applied and then pervious years 1 & 2 where paid to us into our bank a/c (given on the TRS form)

Back