How long does it take to get speeding ticket

Thank you. I am still a little concerned as the mail in my area is abysmal - post seems to take forever to arrive if at all. If it doesn't come in the next few weeks who do I inform so that proceedings are not issued against me? I don't want the hastle of going to court, even if it is to explain that the ticket never arrived - I just want to pay the €80 and get on with my life! (NB no penalty points due as I have a UK issued driving licence)

If you have a UK paper licence you're fine re: the points*. If you have a UK ten-year photocard licence then the points will be waiting for you when/if you renew it for an Irish one.

SSE

* = until it expires when you're 70

Hi sse, I was aware of the shadow licence so I won't be getting an Irish licence. It doesn't matter anyway as I will be returning to the UK next year. I have a photocard that will expire 2013.

I'm very aware of my speed now anyway, so the experience did the trick.

Hi sse, I was aware of the shadow licence so I won't be getting an Irish licence. It doesn't matter anyway as I will be returning to the UK next year. I have a photocard that will expire 2013.

I'm very aware of my speed now anyway, so the experience did the trick.

Ah ok, great. There has been talk about applying points across jurisdictions but I don't think it is imminent.

When I moved over there didn't seem to be any process for changing a UK paper licence to an Irish one, other than sitting my test again!

Whilst having the paper licence does give me some level of "immunity" from points it makes it very awkward when hiring cars.

SSE

The ticket finally arrived after 9 weeks. Curiously according to the penalty points fact sheet I got after paying it, the points remain on my licence record indefinitely until I have an Irish Licence on which they can be endorsed. Only after they are endosed does the expiry period on the points start to tick down. Therefore I now have no incentive to ever change to an Irish Licence even if I wasn't returning to the UK next year!

had a similar problem about licence uk it ran out so applied to dvlc to renew only to be told not living in uk , so had to apply for irish one. same with uk passport could renew cause not living there ,but you can get it from british embassy in dublin.
double standards
paul

had a similar problem about licence uk it ran out so applied to dvlc to renew only to be told not living in uk , so had to apply for irish one. same with uk passport could renew cause not living there ,but you can get it from british embassy in dublin.
double standards
paul

How is that double standards? Passports are issued based on nationality, driving licences on residence.

Back