How long does it take First Active to open an account?

BOXtheFOX

Decided to split some money between INBS three monthe fixed and First Active's one year fixed.
The staff in the Irish Nationwide were able to open my account on the spot and issue me with a receipt, account number and passbook.

The First Active were unable to issue me with an official receipt, account number nor passbook/certificate. I got a handwritten piece of paper and was told that my application would be sent to head office tomorrow (not today) and then they (head office, not the branch) would send me on the official documentation.
One week to the day and absolutely nothing from First Active. I didn't even get the official receipt for the cheque lodgement that was processed in the branch.
How long does it take the First Active to open an account?

I have opened accounts in branch with FA there and then.

Maybe it's just the Stillorgan branch that seem unable to do this because I was left feeling that I was a customer of some head office person rather than a customer of Stillorgan branch.

Yet when I was leaving the INBS also in Stillorgan I felt like I was a customer of that branch.

They took a while to return my documents but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Didn't find the staff too helpful though...

I contacted First Active and was put through to their customer service that is based in Northern Ireland. I was told that some accounts are opened in the branch including the one I opened. When pressed the official confirmed that the documentation to open the account is collected in the branch and then posted to Northern Ireland where it is then officially opened.
After it is opened the new account documentation is then posted from Northern Ireland direct to the customer bypassing the branch. It would have been nice if I had received something from the branch other than a handwritten bit of paper.
I forgot to ask if the interest on the account accrues from the date it is opened at branch level or if it accrues from the date it is opened in Northern Ireland.
Incidentally 11 days on and still nothing received either from Northern Ireland nor from my branch.

They took a while to return my documents but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Didn't find the staff too helpful though...

Both myself and my OH had the same complaint. I got the impression that the staff didn't know much details about the products they were selling. Problems I experienced included:
- Given wrong number by staff member for telephone banking
- Incorrectly told to come back with my passport and utility bill to setup a 2nd First Active A/c. The next day I presented these at the same branch and was told that I could only setup the a/c online.
-Incorrectly advised that I could transfer money directly out of my Reg Savers A/c to a third party a/c

Back