How long can you drive a UK registered car in Ireland before it has to be registered?

Re: How long can you drive a UK registered car in Ireland before it has to be registe

ive been living by the rules for far too long and have paid MORE than my fair share of tax, vat, prsi, etc etc
i just begrudge paying the hugely unfair and illegal vrt
did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today ?

Re: How long can you drive a UK registered car in Ireland before it has to be registe

ive been living by the rules for far too long and have paid MORE than my fair share of tax, vat, prsi, etc etc
i just begrudge paying the hugely unfair and illegal vrt
did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today ?

Don't think so! Apologies for being so blunt, but really, posting something along the lines of "here's my scheme for tax evasion, do you think I'll get caught?" on a public forum and expecting any other kind of respose is a bit rich...

As it happens I'd agree with what you say above: nothing like writing a cheque for a four figure sum for VRT as I have done on a few occasions to focus one's mind on what an unfair and illegal tax it is.

not sure your right on that one

I know I cannot insure my brothers car as I do not have "insurable interest" in it. Basically you can't insure something you do not own.

... Basically you can't insure something you do not own.
Unless you've hired it, or the main dealer has given you a loaner for the day. ;)

Unless you've hired it, or the main dealer has given you a loaner for the day. ;)

Neither of these scenarios were mentioned by the poster to which I was replying.

my Polish neighbours have had a UK registered car for 2 years+ (as far as I can remember, that's just at the current address)! Even though they're not bad people, it still irks me as an Irish citizen that I'm playing by the rules (and paying) whilst they're clearly not AND getting away with it. Are Customs/Gardaí that stupid & incompetent that these people havn't been caught yet, 2 years later? It's annoyed me so much recently that I really want to report them now.

Back