How do you find a truly independent financial advisor?

There are plenty of good Independent Financial advisers / planners out there. Many will provide you with unbiased advice. A fee of €150 is actually quite low. There is a perception in Ireland that there aren't many, I know of many. Look for a Certified Financial Planner. Mind you they will charge a lot more than €150

There are plenty of good Independent Financial advisers / planners out there. Many will provide you with unbiased advice. A fee of €150 is actually quite low. There is a perception in Ireland that there aren't many, I know of many. Look for a Certified Financial Planner. Mind you they will charge a lot more than €150
The €150 I quoted was actually some years back. I agree that such advice is worth well over €150..
However for non - advice, from a non independent "advisor" who's basicly "advising" on how much you can afford to spend on buying a policy from him,it hurts.
Thank you for the useful information.

Got me to fill in questionnaire on income and outgoings, expenses, any loans etc.
Charged 150€
I had worked in UK, didn't even suss whether I might be eligible to a uk pension.
Is it just me or is this embarrassing for the profession? Gives off cowboy vibes

Back