Househunters last night -opinions?

nelly

Hi All,
what did you think of the 26 year old girl who was aiming to buy and let numerous houses with equity built up in first property and be able to give up work by 30.
Seemed a bit cracked to be airing the show at a time when there was no real increase in property value (decreases in some cases). Might it be deemed a bit irresponsible of RTE to show it in the current climate - i thought so.
Any opinions?

She looked 36, and I assumed she wanted to retire by 40.

The ROI and yield information was good (or bad) for a lot of accidental investors to hear.

Went back to the match at 8.45

Sorry but I was too busy trying to work out if the female presenter had had plastic surgery and had dramatically changed her hairstyle to cover up to pay too much attention to the show itself.

Apart from that I'd imagine the victim, oh, sorry, ah, proponent will not be financially independant in 4 years time, no.

It was interesting that the presenters kept telling her how the market has been flat since the summer and to not expect capital appreciation any time soon. Yet she kept asking about the capital appreciation prospects. It honestly sounded like she wasn't hearing what they were saying.

personally.. i think it's about looking inside houses and the presenter's ego's being massaged.. ie they are out for all the glory and don't really care about the victim

She looked 36, and I assumed she wanted to retire by 40.
harsh there dave

Seemed to me she was after buying in a great place origionally and thought every place purchased was going to be the same sucess story. Presenter is trying very badly to be yer one from Location location location and I reckon if we tied her hands behind her back she would be mute. very annoying.

"Victim" seemed to have rose coloured shades on for the entire show. but i thought had a better dress sence than the presenter.

The reason why I watch Househunters is to ‘nose’ at the houses, which is the same reason why a lot of people do I think – look at the success of Location, Location, Location. I find Househunters is too focused on the person’s circumstances and certainly I couldn’t identify with the person last night. Horses for courses, I know and people’s views differ.

I did spend the half an hour though wondering how did they manage to get 3 people (presenters plus person) of such disparate heights? Looked odd. She also appeared to be planning for financial independence by only ordering what looked like one small spring roll, some lettuce, and tap water in the local café!

Back