house deposit

Haille

I am in the process of buying a house of my brother [not his main residence]We are in the process of signing contracts shortly.His solicitor suggested 10,000 to 12,500 euro as deposit.My brother is allowing me not to close the sale until late August ,he is allowing me that time to carry out cleaning and renovation .If I hand over the deposit to his solicitor in the next fortnight,is it lodged in his solicitors clients account therby making interest for him until loan cheque is drawn down in August. Is there any way I can claim interest on this deposit until the sale is closed?

Are you that hard up for €50? Realistically, how much interest do you expect to make on that amount of money over a two month period? Seriously. Besides, solicitors have rules about making additional income on the side like that.

The solicitor only suggested an amount for a deposit. Actually your brother can accept a euro if he wants. Talk to him about it. Maybe the solicitor is going to hand over the money. If this is the case I'm sure it would be ok as your brother is already being very generous.

Back