Hospital Trolleys

@Purple, no they have always been paid that way.
My point is that if they got paid the same way as the vast majority of other working people we could have 10% more nurses for the same total spend; no more staff shortages, big improvement in A&E etc. Little Liam is always talking about the lack of nurses. How come he doesn't suggest this change? Could it be that he's really only interested in getting as many nurses employed on as much money as he can screw out of the tax payer? If so that's fine; that's his one and only job.

The new Gut Tough approach to ineffective and incompetent managers in the Health Service will not result in anyone losing their job or getting a pay cut. What a joke. The insidious influence of the ultimate vested interest groups is seen again. More talk but nothing will change. People will suffer and people will die but nobody will be sanctioned in any meaningful way. We'll just get more strikes and more pay increases.

Bang on de money, Purple.

The other weird one that caught my attention last night/this morning was the Tusla debacle - where it was reported that........"a counsellor identified the error." Like, really? Sean Spicer - watch and learn, brother.

Whatever about the errors in the Tusla mess - which are almost beyond belief - the timescales involved are simply bewildering. My belief, unfortunately, is that these delays are simply a reflection on the general lack of any sense of urgency in many public sector environments.

"Ultimately where improvement in line with the performance improvement plan is not achieved, the process may ultimately culminate in the removal of the named manager from the post."
But they'll still keep the grade,pension and allowances that came with the post.
As it is and as it always will be.

The Unions won't allow change. And neither will the body politic- I heard Ged Nash Labour on radio during the week saying he 'hoped' that compulsory redundancies would never have to be used in the HSE

There is no New government Get Tough approach to ineffective and Incompetent managers in the health service.There is a long record of the main political parties pulling the wool over the eyes of there supporters and robbing them .Come the next Election Lots of posters will be Backing the same Political Parties Re Election The TDs and supporters of Vested Interest Groups . At the next Election I will have sitting TDs and there supporters Knocking on my door looking for my vote. I will be telling them I will not be voting for sitting TDs who did not stand up to Vested Interests I will be giving there party running mates a chance to represent me and there will be repercussions if the do not.I work in the Private sector Unions not allowing change is a cop out .From late1998 I had to depend on the Health service (Child With Cancer) In 2002 I seen the Government of the day make the mess which today is the Hospital Trolley crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bang on de money, Purple.

The other weird one that caught my attention last night/this morning was the Tusla debacle - where it was reported that........"a counsellor identified the error." Like, really? Sean Spicer - watch and learn, brother.

Whatever about the errors in the Tusla mess - which are almost beyond belief - the timescales involved are simply bewildering. My belief, unfortunately, is that these delays are simply a reflection on the general lack of any sense of urgency in many public sector environments.

My experience of dealing with the public sector as a supplier is that is not a general lack of a urgency but instead a lack of ownership and responsibility and accountability. It's all pass the buck. As someone with some involvement with Tusla elsewhere (relating to voluntary work), my view is that as an organization they are a shambles. I've been at meetings where they failed to record minutes and came to us weeks (indeed months) afterwards looking for notes and have cancelled annual review meetings numerous times.

"Ultimately where improvement in line with the performance improvement plan is not achieved, the process may ultimately culminate in the removal of the named manager from the post."

So poor performance is actually rewarded! The poor performer will be moved to a (presumably) lesser demanding post but still keep the benefits. Someone else will then be (again presumably) promoted to the existing post. More money. If and when healthcare is privatised in this country those running the HSE and unions will have nobody to blame but themselves!

In the HR manuals of Irish public sector entities, this methodology is described in detail and are known as the "good cop, good cop" and the "carrot and carrot" approaches.

Tusla errors are a disgrace.
Marion

I fully agree - When Zappone gets back into the country, we might get some answers - she has this strange habit of telling the truth and not telling it slant!

Hi Mathepac. Can you say what perks the non medical staff of the HSE get?

Hi Firefly. OK! Let's not have any more nurses? (i) Can you explain why the HSE hospitals and the Private Hospitals are actively seeking to recruit nurses from anywhere even those who have not practised nursing for many years? (ii) Why are nurses still leaving our hospital system in droves?

Hi Purple. Newsflash !!!!! Liam Doran's remit is to represent the members of his union (nurses + midwives). He is not the conscience of the HSE hospitals or the private hospitals or the tax payer.

Hi Dan and Marion. I agree also. Will we have the responsible person or persons from Tusla resigning as a result of the recent debacle? Did any member of staff in Tusla resign from previous debacles?

@Purple I'm not sure what the relevance of the O/T post is or the nurses hours, but remember that when a nurse shows up for an 8 or 12 hour shift, his meal breaks count as work time. Other staff groups must be at work for 9 hours to get paid for 8, in other words they are not paid for break- or meal-times.

That is not correct. Nurses do not get paid for meal breaks on day or night duty and are not regarded as work time.

I fully agree - When Zappone gets back into the country, we might get some answers - she has this strange habit of telling the truth and not telling it slant!
I know we're going off topic here but have you been following the whole Tusla/McCabe debacle!!! :mad:

Rte last Monday night Simon Harris Minister for Health out of the Country. Son of the former 2 term Minister for health on for the HSE .Cosy cartel. FG Should Kick Start Real Reform and stop Protecting Old Labour/FF/FG/ Vested Interests .They Should be wiped out at the next Election if they fail to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back